Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring







"Afoot and light hearted I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me, the long brown path before me leading wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not good fortune, I myself am good fortune...” - Walt Whitman

March 1st. In Minnesota February and March represent the dread of winters end. Cold, wet, and dreary, the snow is no longer white-washed, but a weight on the life just starting to wake up below. In Northern California, February and March are beautiful. Flowers are opening, birds are chirping, the sun starts to shine earlier and earlier, and rainy days give way to glorious sunshine, and green blankets cover the soft rolling hills that lead into the Pacific. And I spent a weekend away with this simple, eternal beauty; freely provided by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment